SUSTAINABILITY POLICY STATEMENT
Floris is fully committed to our social and environmental responsibilities. We aim to offer the finest quality products while preserving resources for the future.
We recognise that our activities impact on the environment for both present and future generations. Therefore we will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislations, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the industry sector in which we operate and will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Our Environmental Manager will provide assistance and advice to Senior Management and all members of staff where appropriate, on all environmental, CSR and CR related issues.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
- Communicate our environmental commitment to all interested parties including clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- Strive to continually improve our environmental and carbon reduction performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the commitments made in this Policy to all staff, taking into consideration diversity of the workplace and workforce
ETHICAL POLICY STATEMENT
Floris was founded in Jermyn Street, St James’s over 280 years ago by Juan Famenias Floris.
The early trade as a barber and comb maker soon blossomed into a thriving perfumery and soap manufacturer. Floris is proud not only of its tradition and heritage, but also in the standards and quality of its products which it has managed to maintain to this day. We remain a family run business which permits us to take a long term view on all issues.
Our vision is to ensure that we are able to continue to provide the finest products to our discerning clientele, while striving for continuous improvement on environmental issues.